Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My 2014 Beauty Favorites

2014 is coming to a close and a new year is already knocking at the door. Not much to brag about this year in terms of accomplishments but I definitely traveled quite a bit. From Alaska to Turks & Caicos, all new places for me to explore. I guess traveling to all these new places should be considered an accomplishment.

This blog have been much neglected over the years, but I finally gave it's own home! If you haven't noticed, going to melliescloset.com will bring you directly to this blog. No more .blogspot.com. Mellie's Closet is now getting branded! This is now my permanent home to all things girly. I'm getting a little tired of the whole pinky purple theme, maybe I'll work on cleaning up the theme a little bit.

Enough chit chat. time to share my ultimate 2014 Beauty Favorites!  These products aren't necessarily new in 2014 but they are things that I've discovered in 2014 and easily became my everyday staple.

My 2014 Beauty Favorites - SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion $70, Sally Hansen Dries Instantly Top Coat $6, beautyblender Pure $20, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Sticks (discontinued), Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette $58
Looking at this bundle, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette was the only one that launched in 2014. It's a limited edition that contains 2 blushes from their permanent collection and one exclusive color Incandescent Electra. I love love this exclusive shade because it gives the most natural looking pop of color.


Sadly the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadows that I bought last year are completely discontinued now. I wished I had tried them earlier when I bought them (New Year's Resolution, always try out new products I buy!) They glide on soooo easily without any tugging on my lids and delivers the most pigmented color with just one swipe. Doesn't crease on me even after a long day at work. Sad to see these go!

The SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion is definitely a rediscover for 2014. I thought it doesn't work and have totally removed it from my routine. But I started back at my Pitera sets and finally found the correct way of using it. Now my skin is totally clear of annoying clogged pores! (Of course, I still have the occasional hormonal acne.)  Sharing my routine and more deets in an upcoming post!

The beautyblender came up as a Glossybox spoiler and I jumped on that ship instantaneously. Definitely my favorite tool for all types of liquid and cream foundations and even cream concealers! And the soap that it comes with works so well in keeping my white beautyblender WHITE. I've heard stories about the pink one bleeding out pink dye, so I'll probably stick with white from now on.

Last but not least, this Sally Hansen Dries Instantly Top Coat has been such an incredible find. It makes me want to paint my nails again. So easy to work with and dries to a gel-like top coat finish so quickly! I don't have to dread sitting around for an hour without moving my hands anymore.

That's all for my 2014 Beauty Favorites! What are yours?

Before I go, I want to wish everyone a happier and better new year! Best wishes!

Love,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...