Sunday, December 21, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 9: The Cozy Winter Sports Fan OOTD

Recently the Fanatics.com team reached out to challenge me into creating a "sporty luxe" look using any one of the hats on their website. Not that I'm any type of sports fan myself, but I happily accepted the challenge since I thought it's a different way to change up my outfits. Now what would I wear if I'm invited to a sports event this Christmas? Or even better, if I were to go watch the ball drop!

It was quite overwhelming combing through the thousands MLB hats on Fanatics, but as a New Yorker, it was an easy no brainer for me to narrow down to the New York Yankees hats to find that one piece to start off my look.  I decided to go with this New Era New York Yankees Ladies Chunky Stripes Hat. A chunky knit beanie that seems perfect for the season. The cute pom pom makes it a little more adorable when worn as a slouchy beanie.

New Era New York Yankees Ladies Chunky Stripes Hat (Pic from Fanatics.com)

Here's the final outfit:

Armani Exchange Mohair Sweater Tunic (old), D-ID Denim New York Skinny Jeans,  3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Mini Satchel in Ink 
To match the slouchy knit NYY beanie, I decided to go with my favorite winter attire - sweater tunic + skinny jeans. Winter calls for winter whites and this fuzzy wuzzy mohair sweater tunic does just the trick. Paired with a medium wash skinny jeans - not distressed ones! (In case you're going to a corporate sports event.) And a mini crossbody to keep your hands free to clap and cheer.




Blurry pic trying to be artsy
 I love how warm and fuzzy this outfit looks. Should probably share what type of jacket I'd have worn as well.  Mohair sweaters = hours of lint rolling dark wool jackets. So I'll opt for a down parka, especially since it'll be freezing for any outdoorsy sports events in NYC.

Beanie (homemade)
Modeled here is a knit slouchy beanie my mom made. This is how I normally wear my beanies. Pulled low in the front to cover my high forehead and hair tucked behind the ears and swept to the front on both sides. I like how this gives me that Korean girl vibe.

A failed attempt at Rudolph (cameo dog nose)

Back of slouchy beanie
The back of all my beanies either needs to be slouchy or with a big pom pom. Otherwise, a plain beanie leaves me with too round a head especially when I don't have any bangs.

I hope you guys like this little Christmas edition of an outfit.

P.S. Fanatics.com reached out to me to try to pair one of their products into my outfits. I am not affiliated with/compensated by the company and do not make any commission on any sales of their product. Everything mention is my own personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...