Monday, January 5, 2015

OOTD: A Comfy New Year's Eve Outfit

Happy New Year to all! May the new year bring you happiness and health.

Sharing today my New Year's Eve (NYE) outfit. Didn't really make any plans this year so decided to just hang out with my family and boyfriend - going on a BONES binge watch marathon and sipping kalimotxo. Oh no worries, 10 mins before midnight we switched off of Netflix and watched the ball drop. =)

Apologize in advance since I seem to be having trouble posing properly. I think I have to figure out a better outfit/camera setup.

Anyway, I still had to work during the daytime, so my outfit had to be more work appropriate. (Judging by the amount of people that actually showed up at work, I probably should have just opt for jeans.)

Mandee's Chunky Sweater Dress (old), Hollister V neck Tee (old), Yesstyle Skirt (here), Gap knit tights, Chinese Laundry Nitro Over The Knee Grey Suede Boots (old, similar styles here), Jewelmint Necklace (old)


NYE Outfit - Comfy Sweater Knit
Decided to go with this chunky knit sweater dress that I got from Mandee's years ago. But it was a little too short for comfort in a professional work environment so I paired it with this cute Yesstyle A-line skirt.

Yesstyle skirt ruffles from the back

It was the perfect match! I was getting bummed out that the Yesstyle skirt was soo sheer in Ivory. There was no way I would have been able to wear it alone and I was going to eBay/Poshmark it. But letting the ruffles of the skirt peak out under the sweater dress made this outfit look super cute. =)  It gave my dress the extra 3 inches that it needed. I guess I won't be getting rid of this skirt anytime soon.

NYE calls for silver glittery nails - sharing this nail look soon

Gold jewelry accents on a black outfit

To finish the look, I went for the classic gold accents on black.  Gold jewelry was never my thing growing up, but recently I just can't help but gravitate towards gold jewelry over black and white monochrome outfits. Wore a long chain necklace from Jewelmint that added just enough weight to balance the heavy sweater dress.

If I had a choice, this comfy casual outfit would also be paired with chunkier gold rings. There were so many choices at Invaluable.com, but I was able to narrow down to something similar to this one:

18K gold ring from Invaluable.com

A sleek but chunky design that will stand out on any simple basic outfit. A little on the pricey side at $75 right now, but it is 18K gold plated silver.

What did you do for NYE? Any of my fellow New Yorkers brave the cold at Times Square? That's actually of the things that are on my bucket list of things to do in NYC.  Just need to wait for a year where it's a tad bit warmer. =)


P.S. Invaluable.com reached out to me to see if I can pair one of their rings with my holiday outfit. So I scoured their hundreds of items and picked this ring to finish this NYE outfit. I'm not compensated in any way and opinion and choices are my very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...