Monday, October 21, 2013

Monthly Empties: Aug & Sep 2013

My long awaited monthly empties! There's so many products to show for Aug and Sep, ironically, there's probably only 2 items for Oct that I see so far. I guess I used up things quick for the summer time.

Aug 2013 Empties
Lancome Visionnaire Serum - This is actually my second bottle of the Visionnaire serum already even though it's the priciest serum I've ever used. Its pink pearlescent serum absorbs to the skin immediately. It definitely leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. Though I haven't seen any other correcting properties, it's pore refining properties are quite visible. I'm almost tempted to say there's silicone ingredients inside.

Missha The Style HD Viewer Setting Volume Mascara - A rare makeup item in my monthly empties post! I've reviewed this before and I love it! Too bad it's discontinued. Even though it's not waterproof, it doesn't smudge on my eyes. Check out my previous review here.

Missha BB Deep Cleansing Oil - finished another sample of the cleansing oil and am using the full size right now. I love that it cleans all my makeup. Check out my dedicated review here.

Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Eye Creme - I bought the full size in my Macy's haul and I finished it. I love it, but not 100% sure if I'll call it my holy grail. Details for this eye creme will be up soon.

Carmex Moisture Plus Clear Satin Lip Balm - I posted this on Instagram earlier. because this was an impulse buy that I made when I realized I packed my purse without any lip products and as a lip balm addict, this was a big no no. This leaves lips super glossy, very similar effect to the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. A little too greasy to wear under lipsticks though. 

Clinique All About Eyes Rich - One of my first eye cream that I tried to use to treat my dark circles. Did not like it at all because it's extra thick. I've had it for so long unused that I figure it's time to let it go.

Silk Whitia Whitening & Moisturizing Mask - Used up another one of these masks. Super brightening right after use, but doesn't have long lasting effects. You can see my previous review here

Sep 2013 Empties
Aveeno Skin Relief 24 hr Moisturizing Lotion - Definitely been my daily staple for years. I always have one in my bathroom to use after I shower and one in my room to use in the morning. Love love love this stuff. Especially affordable with sales and deals from CVS.

Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser - My deluxe sample from the awesome Sephora 500 point perks! This was a great foaming cleanser that I would use after cleansing oil. Super lightweight and wouldn't dry out my skin after each wash. Very light fruity fragrance. It doesn't work well on a Clarisonic though.

Laneige Skin Refiner - A lightweight lotion that's more like a softener than a toner. It's very runny and doesn't absorb very quickly. The other moisturizers from the set was much nicer. Definitely will not purchase.

Suisse Programme Cavier Repair Eye Complex - A deluxe sample from Sasa in one of my hauls. The formula wasn't too lightweight or thick and absorbs instantly on the under eye. It contains golden particles to reflect light to achieve a brightening effect. I'm tempted to buy the full size to try.

Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Clay Cleanser - This cleanser retails around $18 ($17 on Amazon). It contains mint/menthol ingredients for it's acne treatment properties. I like to think it helps treat my acne, but it doesn't help much. The clay cleanser also contains some beads as a scrub, but so sparingly that it's not very effective.

Perricone MD Cold Plasa Eye - This was a deluxe sample that I bought from a Sephora set. I was using the Estee Lauder Time Zone Eye cream and it dried up my eyes so much! I had to use this for intense treatment for my eye. So far it was good enough to tighten up those fine lines. I'm very tempted to get the full size for this too.. SO many temptations.

Shiseido Benefiance Balancing Softener - Just finished up this softener while using it interchangeably with my beloved SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. I prefer to use softeners over toners because it helps moisturize and prepare your skin for serums. It works best with a cotton pad in a light exfoliating effect. This is also probably the biggest differences between Asian and American skincare.

Finally, this post was so long! That's it for all my empties the last 2 months. Such a long list, I don't think I'll be finishing products like this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...