Sunday, August 29, 2010

Review: Silk Whitia Paper Sheet Masks

Long awaited review on the Silk Whitia Sheet Masks I got in my Mar 2010 Sasa haul. I finally decided to put up the review because I noticed sasa.com has them in their Buy 1 Get 1 Free promotion again! Thought it would be a good time for you guys to take the chance to try them out. Haha, I see another sasa haul in the very very near future. =P

Collagen Moisturizing & Nourishing Eye Mask, Collagen Highly-Concentrated Collagen Milky Mask, Quick Moisture Whitening and Moisturizing Mask

These sheet masks were highly recommended by my favorite beauty guru fuzkittie. So I took the plunge and bought 6 boxes of these sheet masks: the Quick Moisture Whitening and Moisturizing Mask ($16.50 originally), Collagen Moisturizing & Nourishing Eye Mask ($15.20 originally) & Collagen Highly-Concentrated Collagen Milky Mask ($15.20 originally). Each box contains 5 sheet masks, so each mask were less than $2.

Here are the ingredients of each one:

Quick Moisture Whitening and Moisturizing Mask ingredients, includes hyaluronic acid!

Collagen Moisturizing & Nourishing Eye Mask ingredients

Collagen Highly-Concentrated Collagen Milky Mask ingredients

Mask Review

  • Size - These masks fit my face perfectly, granted I think I have a pretty narrow face. Perfect size without overlaying along on my hairline. 5 stars!
  • Scent - Lightly fragrance, they all smell the same. Actually so pleasant, it's very easy to sleep in. Haha. =P 5 stars! *****
  • Mask Essence - Now interestingly each mask was slightly different. 

    • Quick Moisture Whitening and Moisturizing Mask had a thick white formula, not runny at all so it's doesn't leave a mess on my face. A lot of the formula were soaked into the sheet mask. It does contain hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C which are key ingredients to any whitening product.
    • Collagen Moisturizing & Nourishing Eye Mask had a lot of formula in each package! Way way too much and super runny. Not sure if it's because it's only an eye mask, so there wasn't enough paper to soak up the essence. I always end up making a mess. The formula is a cloudy clear essence. 
    • Collagen Highly-Concentrated Collagen Milky Mask was pretty much the same as the Quick Moisture Whitening and Moisturizing Mask, formula-wise, very thick serum-like.

  • Overall Experience

    • I gotta say, I am super in love with the Quick Moisture Whitening and Moisturizing Mask. It instantly brightens up my face after application and it actually lasts, unlike some other masks I've tried. I was pretty tanned after my summer vacation in Dominican Republic. After 2 application of this mask, my face became noticeably lighter. The whitening effects were just too amazing. After the 15 minutes suggested time, I scrub the sheet mask on my arms. Haha, I don't want to waste anything! My face and arms both feel extra smooth and moisturize after washing it off. Definitely re-purchasing these over and over again to pamper myself.
    • For the two Collagen series masks, I'm not sure how much I love them. Haha. I think collagen are more effective against fine lines. But I guess it's a good thing I'm not at that stage yet, so I can't really vouch for the effectiveness. But both of these masks didn't dry my skin or irritate my sensitive skin.
These Silk Whitia masks are just awesome. I was very worried about it as I have very sensitive skin, especially with the whitening masks (which are generally more harsh). But these masks are great, a real treat.

Just a quick note, although the directions tell you to use it daily, I only use them like once a week. =P  I'm too lazy to take 20 minutes of my time just laying there and not be able to sleep. Haha.

Let me know if you are also trying these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...