Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Review: Le Metier De Beaute True Colour Creme Eyeshadows in Champagne Shimmer & Starry Night

I've revealed the lovely September box of Le Metier De Beaute's Beauty Vault VIP here and now's the time for an official review and swatches after testing these beautiful cream shadows.

LMdB Creme Shadows Champagne Shimmer & Starry Night (with flash)

LMdB Creme Shadows Champagne Shimmer & Starry Night (natural light)



These True Colour Creme Eyeshadows are $28 each and is a pre-release so only available at Saks right now. They claim to be long wearing, water proof, won't settle in crease lines and smooth as silk! Sounds like everything you'll want in any makeup.

Swatched (indoor lighting)

Swatched (under sunlight)

Blended out (indoor lighting)

Champagne Shimmer is a very pretty rose gold shade with bronze shimmer in the pan, but when swatched on my arm and on my yellow undertone skin, it leans to a very bronze, almost metallic copper tone. Champagne Shimmer seems to be a misnomer. =P  Was it smooth as silk? It was indeed very buttery smooth, in a butter on a low heat sauce pan kind of way. Once I let it "dry" it was fine. But I realize you can't blend it all the way out, once you blend out the shadow, it just looks like a murky orange red on the eye.

Champagne Shimmer can also be used a cheekbone and eye brow highlighter but I didn't try it. These came a little too late for a summer glow.

Starry Night is a dark graphite with micro silver shimmers. It has a blue undertone in the pan though it doesn't show up on the swatch at all. But you can easily see from the swatch that it's settling into the lines on my arm. And this was only ONE swatch! Blended out this had a very nice smokey effect, but the creasing was unbearable. I only tight line with this cream shadow and it's been working well. I haven't tried using a eye primer underneath. I can't imagine it helping much, since both the Urban Decay Primer Potion and Nars Smudgeproof Eye Primer works best on shadows that crease over time.

Overall, these shadows were ok, not something I'll swoon over. My Maybelline Color Tattoos have similar payoffs and come in wider range of colors.

Any of you try these cream eyeshadows? Let me know in the comments about what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...