Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminée Eye and Lip Cream

Today's post is on the Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminée Eye and Lip Cream. This is probably one of the few products that I've sampled and actually went out and bought the full size afterwards. I originally got this deluxe sample from the Sephora 500 point reward. And to reemphasize how awesome these Sephora deluxe samples are, the sample was half the size of the full size!

But of course this post isn't about Sephora's awesome deluxe samples, but about this little eye cream. I say because this is a pretty tiny bottle.

Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream (Image from us.caudalie.com)

Now here for some normal stats:



Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminée Eye and Lip Cream Facts

  • Packaging - Comes in a squeeze tube with a long snout so that it's perfectly hygienic
  • Size - a measly 15 mL
  • Price - $49, similar prices with Shiseido and other department store brands
  • Specifications - Simply to lighten dark circles & smooth away wrinkles (exactly what I need now). And to top it off, it can be used as a lip cream as well. Though I haven't tried, would be too pricey to use as a lip balm.
  • Directions - Use daily in the morning and at night, dotting it under the eye and then smoothing it out over the eye.
  • Ingredients - Tetrapeptides, Licorice & Grape-seed Polyphenols. Ha! Not that I really know what they mean, but easily explained as licorice and grape seed extracts (which is what the Pulpe Vitaminee line is mostly about)

Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminée Eye and Lip Cream Review

  • Scent - No scent at all, completely fragrance free.
  • Essence - A very, very lightweight white gel that immediately melts away when you smooth it around. So lightweight, you won't even feel it. 
  • How I Use It - Exactly as per instructions, I squeeze out half a pea size amount on my ring finger, dab both ring fingers together and then I dot it along my undereyes. I prefer to smooth it from inward from outer corners to inner corners of my eye to avoid stretching existing fine lines. 
  • Overall Experience - You know the saying, "a little goes a long way", well it's especially true with this one. The 7 mL sample that I got from Sephora lasted me over a month with daily use. It is very moisturizing and tighten up the lines under my eyes. I don't really see my dark circles lighten much, but it definitely hydrates the eye area the best. Because the sample was so awesome, I actually went out and bought the full size. But for some reason, after finishing the full size tube, it didn't seem to "wow" me as much. It still moisturizes very well, but the fine lines part didn't seem to work as well. Maybe because I got older or that I just started wearing contacts and my undereyes doesn't seem to be elastic enough to withstand the constant tugging while putting on contacts. =(  It worked well under makeup and undereye concealer, I didn't have to worry about patchy concealer.

Well, I guess I'm still on the quest to find the perfect eye cream. (I almost thought I had it when I was using the sample!! Grr...) But I think this is still a great lightweight eye cream, especially during warmer weathers. I've actually tried a few other ones already, reviews coming up!

Do you have a holy grail eye cream? Let me know by leaving a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...