Monday, August 26, 2013

Monthly Empties: July 2013

A little late for a July Monthly Empties post, but I spent a chunk of my August planning and preparing for a week long trip to Disney World with the BF.  His idea to celebrate my birthday no where better than the magical land itself. =)  I want to post up my travel necessities too, so stay tune for that!

Here goes, my July monthly empties (haha, just realize it was all shades of green and blue):

July 2013 Monthly Empties
EOS Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew - This was a newly hyped (ok maybe not that new) lip balm that is dome/egg shaped so that you don't have to worry about dipping into a pot. Not particularly nourishing but I do enjoy the sweet honeydew scent. I was most curious of how it would look when you get to the bottom of the balm, but I never had a chance to see it. I ended up throwing this out after realizing it started irritating my lips. Fairly priced at $4 each.

The Secret Petite Angel Hand Cream - I received this as a gift with purchase from a cosme-de haul. It retails for $8 at cosme-de.com. I love the baby powder scent and it contains shea butter so it leaves my hands super soft without any greasiness. I usually carry it in my purse. Not really sure if I would actually go out of my way to purchase it again, since it's only available at cosme-de.com, but maybe if I need to reach a certain limit again.

Laneige Water Bank Cream EX - Bought this sample size set a long long time ago on eBay and finally finished another one! (I had featured a different product in the previous empties post.) I think this particular version is actually discontinued, they now have a Water Bank Moisture Cream and Gel Cream. Really lightweight and non greasy. If I get to travel to Asia again, I'll like to invest in more Laneige products, it's a great summer time moisturizer for sure.

Silk Whitia Collagen Moisturizing & Nourishing Eye Mask - I reviewed this before here. Just trying to finish my stash. It's very relaxing just putting an eye mask on sometimes though I think the shape is not very universal for everyone.

Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing Replacement Brush Head - Decided it was time to retire this brush head after almost 8 months. (The recommended replacement time frame is every 3 months, but that's for daily use, so I stretch it out to 6-9 months since I only use it maybe 1 or 2 times a week max.) The Clarisonic is supposedly the magic tool to save your skin, but I don't use it that often. I like the idea that it forces you to cleanse your face for a good minute to ensure that you clean thoroughly. The Deep Pore brush head isn't that much different than the Sensitive brush head. It doesn't clean particularly deeper or help clear my pores better, but it does have softer bristles than the Sensitive one. I've switched over to the Delicate brush head for now, but I don't care for it too much. Delicate is too soft, I don't think it has the same exfoliating effect, I might switch back to the Deep Pore or Sensitive one when I'm done. Remember to always buy the dual pack! It saves a lot more money at $40 for 2 instead of $25 for 1.

That's it for this month's empties. Next month's will be up soon. I've a lot of products stacked up already. =) What have YOU used up this month? Do you get replacements before or after the product is empty? I've realize I'm so fully stocked up that I never have to actually seek out replacements. >.<


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...