Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: Le Metier De Beaute Beauty Vault VIP - August Box

I recently announced that I jumped the Le Metier De Beaute Beauty Vault VIP subscription bandwagon. It's a monthly subscription box from the brand itself. Only catch is you have to pay the $348 subscription fee for a 12 month commitment. Which isn't so bad, when you divide it out, it equates to $29/month for deluxe sample size or full size products and new launches from the luxury brand. Though sign ups are limited to the month of July, I think they might be considering additional signups if you email their customer service directly.

Without further adieu, I present you, the August box! It definitely did not disappoint!

Haha, yes it literally is the box!


The August Box came in quite a timely fashion (I'm sure you can tell since I'm already posting on August 6). When I opened up the UPS shipment box, I found this little girl sitting snugly on a thick bed of black confetti package filler. (Though I would have preferred if it was a little eco-friendly with less packaging material, at least it was paper confetti.)

Now for the contents of the box:


Le Metier De Beaute August 2013 Box

My box came with the following, all full sizes btw for a total value of $254!:
Le Metier De Beaute Kaleidoscope Lip Kit in Bauhaus
The LMdB Kaleidoscope Lip Kit in Bauhaus was part of my box. I was a little disappointed that I got this lip kit versus some others have reported they received the eye and blush kit, I guess it's because I joined the bandwagon too late. But this lip kit is gorgeous nevertheless! Especially with a $95 price tag. I saw Jessica's youtube video and I think LMdB was actually giving this particular kit away with $70 purchase about a month or two ago on their beauty vault purchases. The colors are beautiful, too beautiful that I can't bare to swatch it. Haha. I can see myself using the first 3 colors, not too sure about the purple one though, we'll see.

Le Metier de Beaute Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipstick in a new launch shade
One of the perks with this subscription is the pre-releases and new launches of their products that they offer to the "VIPs". The box came with a new shade of their Colour Core Moisture Stain lipsticks. Doesn't even have a name yet, but it's a crimson red that reminds me of Snow White. Not sure if I'll be able to sport such a bold red, but we'll see.

The other two products are their Precision Liquid Eyeliner and a Kabuki brush. I did swatched the eyeliner and find that it smudges a little bit on the back of my hand, not sure if it'll need to be set with a shadow. The kabuki brush was a nice touch with it's velvet pouch. It's super soft and dense, made of 100% natural goat hair. Not sure if I'll use it yet since I still have a MUFE kabuki that I haven't even touch.

Overall this box was absolutely phenomenal! This month's box alone was worth over $250, though I do believe this kind of value can only be found in the introductory box, I'm sure the rest of the boxes will not disappoint. Can't wait till next month! =D

P.S. This is probably the only time that you will see such a timely post! Haha. I hope you enjoy! And if you also subscribed, do let me know what you have in your box this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...