Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Swatches: Nail Inc Bling It On Floral Nail Polish Set - Bloomsbury Way

I saw Jess's video on a Kawaii Nail Tutorial and couldn't help but try to attempt it on my own. I personally have never tried any type of nail art, so I decided to pick this Nail Inc Bling It On Floral kit up from Sephora retailing $25 (still available here for $13) .


Nails Inc Bling It On Floral


Kit includes 2 mini nail polishes, 4 bow nail deco and 8 rose nail decos, along with glue and 2 wooden spatulas. All instructions and step by step were printed on the box.

What's inside the kit
The nail decos in detail

Bloomsbury Way is the milky pink polish whereas Holland Park Gardens is the pale moss green. 

Bloomsbury Way (indoor night lighting)

Bloomsbury Way (indoor daylight lighting)

I only tried Bloomsbury Way, it's a beautiful milky pink that glides on very smoothly and evenly in 2 coats.  It reminds me of the Essie Muchi Muchi. The nail polish dried completely super fast! I had to fix one nail right before bed and it dried within minutes with 2 coats. There was no imprint of my bedsheets or comforter on my nail. You know what I mean for those who tend to only have down time right before bed.

Though the drying time was awesome and the finish beautiful, it started chipping in less than 2 days. And that's with the Revlon Extra Life Top Coat. So disappointing.

Now for the nail deco. The rose decos are a little bulky to put on top of the nail.  I think the little pearly bows are so cute. Absolutely kawaii! My first attempt with the kit was with the bows. I noticed the bows wrap on my nails nicely (my finger tips are too narrow).  Holding the bows with a tweezer, I would apply glue directly on the deco. The glue in the kit has a dropper tip that dispense a little too much glue than needed. I had to constantly pick away glue with the wooden sticks.  The glue took over an hour to completely dry! You have to be careful not to dispense too much glue, otherwise it would just smear away the polish. 

So how long did these cute nails last on me? About 36 hours. Haha, I accidentally snagged the bow in my hair and the bow just flew off. Otherwise the glue was actually pretty strong. Bow never budged.

Overall a very handy set. The glue part was annoying because it took so long to dry, but I like how easy it was to use and happy to have everything included. 

Let me know if you've tried other nail deco kits! I'll love to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...