Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review: Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream in No. 2

BB creams was all the rage a few years ago and now this past year, we see a flood of CC creams on the market. Missha's M Perfect Cover BB Cream was the first I ever tried and I definitely jumped on when MisshaUS.com announced they have the Missha CC cream on their Facebook page! Of course there was a little false advertising, in my humble opinion, because it wasn't a CC cream, instead they called it their CC BB cream. (Confusing eh?) Well Missha launched the new Complexion Coordinating BB Cream .

Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream No. 2 - Flawless Complexion

Twist top packaging

Bulky packaging compared to the M Perfect Cover BB Cream despite the same content

Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream Facts



  • Packaging - Super crazy bulky packaging that only looks pretty but completely impractical. You twist the top to dispense more product. You can feel the little notches that you pass with each twist but it still overflows and dispenses too much product. Not travel friendly at all. The cap isn't secure on container either. I dropped this from my vanity table and the gold cap pop off, leaving the BB cream to stain my rug. =(
  • Size -50 mL (same as the M Perfect Cover but look at the size difference!)
  • Price - $34
  • Specifications - According to misshaus.com, it's suppose to brighten, firm, moisturize and soothe your skin while covering flaws and improve skin texture
  • Directions - Spread on face
  • Ingredients - A whole bunch of chemical names, but the first ingredient is some type of flower water. Also the third item on the list is titanium oxide (explains the high SPF43/PA+++ coverage)
Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream Review

  • Scent - A very light fresh scent
  • Essence - A lightweight cream that blends very easily. It's consistency is comparable to the Lancome Teint Miracle foundations. In the container you can see a pink undertone in the BB cream but on my skin you don't see it. It also has a powder finish.
  • Coverage - Light to medium coverage at the best.
  • How I Use It - I turn the cap until a bit peeks out and then dot it all over my face.
  • Overall Experience - The color of this BB cream is lighter than my M Perfect Cover No. 21 Light Beige (which is my winter shade). I've read other reviews that mention it oxidizes but on me it barely oxidizes, so I normally use a very light hand, dotting the BB cream all over my face and blending it out with a foundation brush. It might be because of how little I use, but coverage wise, it evens out skin tone but it won't cover hyper-pigmentation. It doesn't last very long on me, maybe a few hours. But I do like the powder, almost matte finish that it has. It doesn't make me look greasy by the end of the day like the M Perfect Cover does.
  • Tips - Despite that fact that it claims to be between the M Perfect Cover No. 21 and No. 23. I find this lighter than No. 21. It also has a slight pink undertone despite Missha saying it is a beige cream.
Here's a swatch with comparison to the M Perfect Cover No. 21 and No. 23.

Complexion Coordinating & M Perfect Cover BB Cream Swatch Comparison

You can see in the swatches that CC BB No. 2 is actually a lot lighter than then Perfect Cover No. 21. Not sure why they say it's between No. 21 and No. 23. I can't imagine how CC BB No. 1 would be like. For reference I'm a MAC NC25.

Overall, I love how lightweight this BB cream feels compared to the Perfect Cover. It would have been nice to use for those no-fuss light makeup days. Definitely won't repurchase, I think I have more options elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...