Monday, March 31, 2014

Swatches: Marc Jacobs Beauty - Enarmored Hi-Shine Lacquer in 102 Daisy

March with it's daylight savings time definitely took a toll on my body and my schedule! Finally a post for March. The Marc Jacobs Beauty - Enarmered Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in 102 Daisy (what a mouthful, even for typing) was definitely a luxury item splurge for me - retailing at $18 and only available through Sephora and Marc Jacob's website.

Sephora Haul with YSL Volupte Sheer Candy
Marc Jacobs Beauty - Enarmored Hi-Shine Lacquer in 102 Daisy

102 Daisy is exactly the way they described it - a pearly ivory pink.  The glossiness of the Hi-shine isn't over the top like jelly finishes, but instead, delivers a more muted satin sheen that screams elegance and gracefulness.  I can see this nail polish being a bridal favorite.

Indoor lighting - no flash

Indoor lighting - no flash (excuse the cut on my ring finger)
You can clearly see the satin sheen of the polish even indoors.  The pearly finish is very subtle and just beautiful.

Indoor lighting - with flash

Indoor lighting - with flash - with 2 coats
The polish has an ethereal glow under flash! I can't stop admiring and staring it!

The nail polish finish was definitely luxurious and the application did not disappoint. I was worried that it'll be a streaky sheer nail polish, but even though the brush sweeps down my nail leaving a streak, the nail polish dried evenly. With 1 coat it was a little on the sheer side, but it achieve the same bottle color in 2 coats. The polish was very fast drying even with 2 coats. I moved from one hand to the other and then again for the second coat. No waiting or fanning my hands in between! A++

With the beautiful nail polish finish, I couldn't bare covering it up with a top coat, but that was probably not a good idea. Experienced chipping in 2 days. =(   I read a few reviews and it seems like a 50/50 for people and their chipping. 

Oh well, overall I still really love the polish. Even if it lasts only 2 days, the finish is just too beautiful to pass up and I highly recommend! You can use it on those special occasions if you're worried about the splurge.

Let me know in the comments what you think! Have you tried any of Marc Jacobs Beauty line? I hear his foundation and concealer are worth every penny as well. I am looking forward to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...