Saturday, February 15, 2014

Reveal: Dior's Secret Diva Monthly Box Jan & Feb 2014

Not sure why there isn't a lot of info on these, but you saw right, super high end luxury cosmetic brand Dior has a monthly subscription box as well, it's the Secret Diva subscription. The Dior Secret Diva subscription is slightly different than Glossybox or even the Le Metier De Beaute one that I've been sharing. The Secret Diva subscription was part of Dior's annual Auction event in October where all profits are donated to Look Good Feel Good. The Secret Diva was a limited quantity auction (I think there was only 100) and each subscription was $600 for 12 monthly boxes. Now $600 is very pricey upfront especially when you compare it to all the other subscriptions (LMdB was $348), but I consider it as part charity donation and am just fulfilling my annual charity donations (though this is not tax-deductible). Also for $50/month, you will receive full size Dior products which includes limited edition and early releases of the upcoming product launches. I see this as a foot in door with other pristine beauty bloggers ( XD  ok, I stop dreaming.)

The Secret Diva programs starts in the beginning of the calendar year and I was expecting to receive mine on the 8th of each month as advertised, but my January box came before the year even started. Here's the reveal of my very first Dior Secret Diva - Jan 2014:

Luxe Dior packaging for each Secret Diva box.

The Dior package was just as luxurious as the Dior Diva packages. Same clean sleek white packaging with embossed ribbons, tissue paper, gift box and even the mailer package!  So what's inside my first box? The all new Dior Pore Minimizer Skin Refining Matte Primer!

Dior Pore Minimizer Skin Refining Matte Primer
The Dior Pore Minimizer Skin Refining Matte Primer launched as part of Dior's new Trianon Spring 2014 collection alongside the Glow Primer. It retails for $42 (slightly lower than the $50/month) but I received before the collection was available, so good enough. It's currently only available direct from Dior's website. Review coming soon!

The February box also arrived at my door steps before February and came in a smaller gift box. The same luxe packaging housing another item from Dior's Trianon collection. The Feb box brought me the Backstage Eye Prime. Retails for $28 and promises all day wear intensity.

Dior Secret Diva February 2014 Box

Dior Backstage Eye Prime in 002
I've already tried out the matte primer and am looking forward to playing with the eye primer. Can't wait for the next box to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...