Saturday, February 13, 2010

Review: Missha BB Creams

So its finally here. I've been testing these BB creams for almost 2 weeks now, finally can write the review because I've found the perfect way to wear them!
Before I start commenting, let's look at the facts. I've seen you guys landing on my page with search terms like "How light is Missha BB Cream #21?". Here is a swatch on all the BB creams that I got in my last haul (refer to previous post).
 
The SWATCH 1. Missha BB Boomer, 2. Missha M BB Cream, 3. Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 23 Natural Beige, 4. Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 21 in Light Beige, and 5. Shiseido The Skincare Tinted Moisturizer in Light.
 
The Same Swatch order, just took the picture on a different day to show the colors.
Here's how they look. I took it under a camera flash on the insides of my arm (I'll say my arms are fairly light).  Also compared it with my Shiseido The Skincare Tinted Moisturizer in Light =)  so you guys can actually go and compare it. The regular Missha M BB Cream is darker than the No. 21 Light Beige but lighter than the No. 23 Natural Beige. All the Missha BB creams have a brownish/nude color to it where as the Shiseido The Skincare Tinted Moisturizer is more of an orange tone.

None of these BB creams were extra runny or too creamy or too thick. They feel like regular moisturizer, the non-greasy kind. Very lightweight.

They have a light sweet/baby powder fragrance. (Smelled SOOOO gooood that I couldn't stop sniffing my arms while taking these pictures. =P )  The pumps from the 2 Perfect Cover BB Creams were a little annoying to use though because I was paranoid that I'll pump way too much.

The Missha BB Boomer works as a primer for the BB creams. It has a pink, iridescent color to it.
 
Blending each BB Cream - same order
After attempting to blend in the different creams, you can tell that the No. 21 is a lot lighter. The M BB Cream seems to have blended most easily along with the No. 23 in Natural Beige.
 
The Final Product
Haha, the final product. Surprisingly, I think all of them blended into my arm pretty well. With the exception of the Tinted Moisturizer, you can see a subtle difference on my arms (it looks a bit lighter).  But all 3 Missha BB Creams blended very well together to fit my skin tone! =O  You can also see a light glow on my skin. At this point all the product have completely dried on my skin and it's not the flash reflecting off moisture from my skin.

First Tryouts: I've used a different combination of the BB creams on my face to try to cover my dark circles and a few blemishes. They have pretty decent coverage and they lasted all day. During the first days, I saw the "gray cast" that most people complain about with the BB creams. I looked pale as a ghost! O.O  And I looked completely ridiculous with my pale face and darker shade hairline (I'm still trying to get rid of a tan from the past X'mas break).

My Adapted Routine: But I haven't given up! After 2 weeks of trial and error I finally found what works for me. Less REALLY IS MORE! In the beginning, I've applied way too much cream on my face, leaving a cakey-gray cast. I realize, using the No. 23 Natural Beige (because I still have a tan), I only need a FLAT dime size amount of cream on the back of my hand. Here's what I'll do:
  1. AFTER cleansing and moisturizing my face (yes, I still moisturize), I dab the Missha BB Boomer under my eyes and around my cheekbones and forehead. Really makes my face glow.
  2. Next, I dab on the dime size Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 23 in Natural Beige with my ring finger and dab it under my eyes, on my eyelids and around my brow bone. This will prevent you from looking extra light on the eyes. @_@ (haha, an inverted panda look).
  3. Then I dab the rest of the BB cream over my blemishes. Mostly under my nostrils above my lips and on other acne scars and spots I have. And I'm done!
  4. If there's a gray cast or I look extremely pale again, I dab my MAC 187 brush into my foundation powder and just stiple away. Or you can try to mist a bit of water of your face to let the cream settle in. It works out just as well!
  5. Remember to cleanse your face at the end of your day! BB creams have color in it so it's still a makeup. You must wash it off!
My Thoughts: The pictures are proof that BB Creams DO REALLY adjust to your skin tone! (Well the Missha ones, anyway).  I prefer the Perfect Cover BB Creams mostly because it has a SPF 42. Perfect skin protection. And the scent is just driving me crazy! Too bad it doesn't last that long, maybe only 3-4 hours. The BB Cream coverage, however, lasted me ALL day, more than 12 hours after I came home. And I just LOOOOVE the dewy glow that it leaves behind. It leaves a nice soft finish on your skin. Not exactly matte, but natural healthy looking skin. After I finally got it right, people actually noticed and commented on how refreshed I looked! They had no idea that I had makeup on. I just look wide awake and refreshed, ready for another long day!

So I'll definitely continue using these BB creams. My next challenge to them, is how well they actually help HEAL your blemishes.

Let me know what you think! And you can still try these Missha products out during their promotion. (Refer to previous post).


2 comments:

  1. What is the regular Missha M BB? I've tried to search for it but all I find is the Perfect Cover 21 or 23 versions. I think I'm between these 2 so the regular BB version would probably work really well.
    Thank so much for your really informative review!
    Cat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the regular Missha BB cream is actually discontinued. It was in the silver tube and did not contain any SPF, which I love. Thank you so much for your support! Hope to connect with you more! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...