Thursday, September 19, 2013

OOTD: Summer Neutrals with a Splash of Brights

A little late post for summer outfits, but here's a "latergram" of one of my favorite work outfits for summer time.  If you've read my "About Me", you know how much I love the color white and there's no better time to wear white than during the sunny weather.

Work OOTD of Summer Neutrals and Bright Accents

On Me:
  • Top: Express V neck long tee (old)
  • Tank: H&M basic tank (old)
  • Skirt: Banana Republic pencil skirt (old)
  • Shoes: Steve Madden Kortship flats (old but still available here.)
  • Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs Baby Q Classic Groovee in White/Silver hardware (still available here)
  • Belt: H&M weave belt (old)

Work OOTD of Summer Neutrals and Bright Accents

I decided to add a little splash of bright citron yellow to brighten up the outfit so it's more fitting for the season.  I particularly sorted out this bright color belt because I wanted to use it as an accent to my outfits. I think it works very well against neutral and darker colors. I've also paired it with darker shades for a more blatant contrast. One of my most-worn accessories yet! I particularly like to add a belt just to cinch my waist and cut off the lengthy look of a tunic top. This way when paired with a skirt and pants, I won't look as boxy. Tunic tops are meant to show of long slim legs, so would only work on leggings, shorts and maybe mini skirts.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Baby Q Classic Groovee in White/Silver

Here's a close up of my bag! I originally wanted it in black, but I couldn't pass up a good deal when I saw this on sale for $180 (retails for $378) at Saks Off Fifth. It is quite heavy but it is constructed with sturdy leather where I don't have to worry about scratches or any wears or tears. Probably the only thing I have to worry about is getting it dirty since it is such an artic white color. The Baby Q is the perfect size for my 5'5" body frame. I've checked out the full size Q Classic Groovee and that seemed a little too big against my physique. Love it! It's big enough to hold bulky wallets and a makeup pouch. 

Do you have preferred outfit colors based on the season? Do share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...