Monday, October 29, 2012

Review: SKIN79 VIP Gold Collection Super+ Beblesh Balm (BB Cream)

(A Hurricane Sandy sweeping through East Coast post.)

The Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream has been the only BB cream that I've tried. There's so many BB creams out there now, but from what I've heard, the non-Korean ones are still not up to par. So I decided to branch out to the SKIN79 VIP Gold Collection Beblesh Balm from Jen (FrmHeadtoToe)'s recommendation.

Let's see if it's up to par as my beloved Missha Perfect Cover:

The Packaging
Ingredients

SKIN79 VIP Gold Collection Super+ Beblesh Balm Facts



  • Packaging - Comes in a hefty size plastic pump bottle. Though I love the pump for sanitary purposes, I hate the packaging. How will you ever know you're running out??!
  • Size - 40g
  • Price - Price ranges from $10-$20 (so go shop around)
  • Specifications - Like all BB creams, an all-in-one production with UV protection, whitening and wrinkle improvement PLUS foundation coverage
  • Directions - Apply whenever/wherever needed
  • Ingredients - Key ingredients are listed in the picture above. I see Dimethicone all the way up there, which is a skin protectant common in Aveeno and Vaniply products.
SKIN79 VIP Gold Collection Super+ Beblesh Balm  Review

  • Scent - Very lightly fragrance, not very noticeable.
  • Essence - A creamy consistency that's very easy to blend out.
  • Coverage - Medium to full coverage, you can really build it up and it lasts through out the day!
  • How I Use It - I only need about half a pump to cover my whole face. I'll pump it to the back of my hand and dot it at the different points on my face and blend with my fingertips.
  • Overall Experience - The first 5 mins of blending the BB cream on my face, I look like a vampire cast from Twilight! The gray, pale and ashy look on face was so horrible I almost washed it off. BUT... after the 5 minutes and the BB cream oxidized, I was in love. It also lasted throughout the work day for me in a beautiful dewy finish. Skin79 Gold Label has better oil control and would be better for those who have oily/combination skin. 
  • Tips - A little goes a long way! Don't over do it.

Now for some swatches and comparison with the Missha M Perfect Cover No.21 Light Beige & No. 23 Natural Beige. I've mentioned before that I thought No. 23 is the perfect match for me, but I think No. 21 is a lot closer match now.

Straight from the bottle


Straight from the bottle all 3 BB creams look completely different. Missha No. 21 & No. 23 are both more yellow/warm toned based where as the SKIN79 Gold Label has a neutral gray color.
Swatched on my arm
After swatching it out, you can still see the color difference but now you can see the Skin79 blending quite nicely into my skin.
Blended in completely (you can clearly see that No. 21 & Gold Label is very close.
If you can see from my swatches, Skin79 blends into a perfect match for me, I'll say it's a color dupe with Missha Perfect Cover in No. 21 Light Beige. (I'm a MAC NC25 btw.) You can't even tell a difference from the pictures above. I've definitely been reaching for this instead of my Missha Perfect Cover because this Skin79 Gold Label one doesn't leave me greasy by the end of the day. I know that was one of the complaints a majority of people have after using the Missha one.

I think going forward, I'll be keeping my Missha Perfect Cover around the drier winter months and Skin79 for the summer. I'm still too addicted to the Missha Perfect Cover scent! =P 

Have you tried any BB creams? Missha or Skin79? Let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...