Saturday, October 20, 2012

My New Project Pan 5

Well the title says it all, it's just 5 instead of the popular Project Pan 10. I'm currently in the process of preparing my room for renovations. Clearing out things that I don't want and need anymore. In the 3 years I've started using makeup, I've accumulated A LOT of beauty products. And of course with all the different sales, limited editions, gifts with purchases, 90% of them are barely touched. So to make sure products do get used up and their containers are out of my room, I'm starting this Project Pan. I thought it'll be a good idea to use this chance for short reviews for items that would probably never make its way into a detailed review.

Physician's Formula Powder Palette Multicolored Blush - Blushing Peach
I've owned this blush for years. It is a peachy summery color (like you can't tell from the name =P ) with a mix of matte and shimmers. It is somewhat pigmented but definitely as much as the Nars or Benefit blushes. Not very long lasting either, maybe for a few hours max. I generally don't see the color anymore after I get out of work. But I like to carry this in my purse because of the mirror & brush included in the palette, makes touch ups very convenient. I've hit pan on this, but it's still a long way to go.

(picture from Amazon)

philosophy on a clear day oil-free foaming acne cleanser
I bought this part of the philosophy on a clear day set but this line has been discontinued (it's still available on Amazon though). It has salicylic acid as an active ingredient, so I like to use this during my girly days when I'm more prone to breakouts. Well, if it indeed helps, I never saw the results. There's been no noticeable effects at all, so I wouldn't recommend it if that's what you're hoping for. As a regular.cleanser, I think it does the job. I like that its very lightweight and easy to wash off, no worries of residue leftover on your hair lines. Because its so lightweight, it makes a good cleanser to use in the morning just to wash off any oil buildup from overnight. But because it IS a foam cleanser, it doesn't work well with the Clarisonic brush, which is ok since I, only use it in the daytime. I only need 1 pump to get enough product to wash my face.

(picture qiora.com)

qiora Face Cleanser DH Cleanser
So to complement the philosophy cleanser, I use this qiora one. Also got it as part of a gift set. And is still $36 on Amazon and in Shiseido retail stores. Despite the name, this is a cream cleanser. It works up a beautiful lather and works perfectly with the Clarisonic. If you ever tried any of the Shiseido cleansers this is almost an identical twin. Light fragrance but not very makeup friendly. I don't love it enough to repurchase, especially when I have so many other cleansers.

(picture from clinique.com)

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover
Now along with all those cleansers is this little makeup remover that I neglect. This is a two tone oil-based remover though you can't tell from the purple container. It removes makeup very well on a saturated cotton pad, but I don't wear waterproof makeup so I can't attest for that. I don't like using this remover by itself because it leaves a greasy residue on your face that forces you to use some other cleanser along with it. Definitely wouldn't repurchase, if you want to try an oil-based makeup remover, I'll suggest the DHC oil cleanser.
(picture from nivea.com)

Nivea Age Defying Q10plus Hand Cream
I bought this in one of my sasa.com hauls for 90 cents and I believe it is not available in the US. It has q10 as one of its main ingredients so it aims to be an anti-aging skincare product. The hand cream is very moisturizing and feels heavy on the hands but not greasy. It has a light fragrance. I don't really see the anti aging effects on my hands but I like to keep this handy in my purse for fall/winter seasons. I can't really find it anymore but I think there's other hand creams out there that are just as promising.

And that's it for my project pan so far. I still have a lot of products I want to see hit pan but one step at a time! Let's see how well this goes, I already have a mental list of products I want to finish right after these are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...