Thursday, October 21, 2010

Review: Missha M Shimmering Ball Blusher

I realize this is a very late post, especially considering I got it in my Feb Haul back in 2010. So here it is: the Missha M Shimmering Ball Blusher in No.1 Pastel Glow.

Missha M Shimmering Ball Blusher in Pastel Glow - $19.99

This blusher is a little different from normal powder blushes. The packaging is very cute. Instead of a powder pan, it has these little powder balls in a small bottled container. It comes with a lambswool brush as part of bottle's cap. There's another external cap to protect the brush. Very handy for traveling!

Now for the powder pearls. I got it in Pastel Glow so instead of a blusher, I use it more like a highlighter.

here are 5 different color pearls: in white, yellow, violet, blue and pink! According to their website: violet helps brighten the skin, the blue help reduce the appearance of yellow and dull skin tones, yellow helps reduces redness, pink creates an appearance of younger skin, and the white evens skin tone.  These color properties are generally followed for every makeup product. Not so sure about the yellow though, because usually green is used to reduce redness.

The brush is very soft! I just swirl it around the bottle and the brush will pick up enough for one use. I generally use it to highlight my T-zone (across the forehead and down my nose bridge) and add a quick swipe along my cheekbones to create a bit more dimension on my face. I like using this as a highlighter because it doesn't contain any shimmers or glitters, just a subtle brightness across my face. The powder is very fine, doesn't create any cakey-ness at all.

This actually reminds me of the Guerlain Meteorites Pearls that I've seen at Sephora, but I never actually use it. I didn't want to spend $56 on those pearls especially seeing it end up being a bunch of powder dust in the container at Sephora. So this is a nice dupe. There's a little bit of powder dust on the bottom of the Missha ball blusher container, but definitely not to the extent that I've seen at Sephora.

Really love this highlighter, I'm tempted to try out the others that's actually a cheek blush. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...