Thursday, November 18, 2010

Swatches: Sephora, Creative, and Confetti Nail Polishes

Everybody's doing these fall nail of the days (NOTD) that I wanted to paint my nails with a fall color too! But I only have a limited collection of fall colors. Normally fall colors mean darker colors like your browns, blues, deep purples. No more french tips or pastels (which are the only colors I have). I managed to dig up some "fall" colors, but I hated how it looks on my hand! Haha, it makes my hands look old and wrinkly. =P

So just a quick review.

  • Sephora Collection  Lacquer Nail Polish (the mini bottles) in L12 - Figue
The bottle is so small! Barely fits on my 3 fingers
 
Sephora Collection Lacquer Nail Polish in L12 - Figue
Got this Sephora Collection Lacquer Nail Polish in L12 - Figue a long time ago. I was trying to push it over the $50 mark for free shipping. This was $3 when I bought it and sephora.com currently still carries it. Described as being a deep plum, but I don't really see any sign of the plum, its deep alright. I'll say its more like a cherry-wood color. Being such a small bottle, the brush was also really small, but the polish was easily spreadable and doesn't streak. I could have just did it with 1 coat and it would have been fine, but I wanted to do 2 to see how much the color stands out.

Kind of pricey for such a small bottle, but its a cute bottle so I'll give it that much. Haha. It works just as well as the Sephora Multi Action Nail Polishes that I love. So I'll probably buy it for it's cuteness, lol..
  • Creative Nail Design in #410 - Fedora
On my thumb and index finger
Creative Nail Design - #410 Fedora



Got this Creative Nail Design nail polish free from a beauty sample event. The smell of this polish was REALLY REALLY strong. I suggest you do your nails in private away from the men in your family who hates the smell of nail polish. This will definitely drive them nuts. =P  The brush was the standard Revlon nail polish. This polish was kind of streaky though. I definitely had to layer on a 2nd coat in order to make the color show.  I think these normally retail around $5. I won't be trying their other colors, I don't like that it streaks and I'm still a novice with nails.

How they look over all
Sooo overall, I dislike them both. Haha, makes my hand look so old! But between the two, I definitely like the Sephora Collection polish a lot more. It's in a nicer shade of deep cherry wood red. It looks really nice when I put my hands on my face. =P  because my face complexion is so pale, so I'll actually recommend to those who are paler than me (NC25 or lower).

  • Confetti Nail Polish in Heartthrob
Confetti Nail Polish in Heartthrob
Very shimmery nude pink
I got this Confetti nail polish on sale at CVS for $1, it wasn't that big of  a deal, they normally retail for $1.99. Haha. I normally would never go for these cheap drugstore brands. To me it's like buying 99 cents store quality and I would definitely NOT want something like this on my nail that can possibly harm my nails. But I saw Holly from Hollyannaree using it and she got a really nice color, so I wanted to give it a try. I got it in Heartthrob which is a shimmery nude beige pink. Very nice for work. I really loved this nail polish! The brush was nicely sized, the polish was SUPER runny. So even after 1 layer, I can go over the nail polish again to smooth out all the streaks. By the time I was done with one hand, the nails already dried 90%! After top and base coat, this did not chip or wear off much, just slightly around my nail bed as my nails grow extremely fast. I want to try the other colors now. =D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...