Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Dupe for the Stuart Weitzman '5050' Over the Knee Boots

While the holiday shopping is doing it's crazy hustle and bustle I thought I should share quickly my adventures on sorting out the Stuart Weitzman '5050' boots. Now these boots have been flashing about amongst celebraties and fashion bloggers alike. And with media pressure like that, I decided I want to spend $598 on a pair of boots too! Though I can't justify the price tag, I was convinced that this is the price you need to pay for the perfect staple boots.

So what happened? I sorted these beauties out during the Bloomingdale's Friends and Family sale.

Stuart Weitzman '5050' boots (image from StuartWeitzman.com)



The Black Nappa leather was exactly what everybody claimed it to be. Soft buttery leather that just hugs your every curve. I have narrow calves and these fit me snuggly (tried over leggings) due to the stretchy panel in the back. I normally wear size 7.5 but the sales rep told me to size down half a size after I mention the bunching of the leather around my ankles. I strongly suggest you to try it at a Stuart Weitzman retail store for Narrow and Medium widths if you are planning to invest in it.  Size 7 was a much better fit and the bunching of the leather around my ankles severely decreased (though you can still see slight gathering around my ankles).

I would probably have walked out with them had I not try to walk over to a full length mirror first. The over-the-knee silhouette fell perfectly above my knee just where it should be, but taking those few steps over to the mirror, I felt the back panel digging into the back of my knee with every step. It made walking so awkward as if my knees were buckling in with each step.  Now I own a few pairs of OTK boots, and each of them have a cut out where it hits the back of the knee. I'm sure the stretchy back will stretch over time and conform to your needs, but I just couldn't justify that $598 price tag anymore.

Giving up on the SW 5050, I wandered around the rest of the Bloomingdale shoe section and landed my eyes on another beauty that just looks like the perfect dupe!

Coach Lilac Boots (image from coach.com)
The Coach Lilac boots (retails $398) have the same stretchy back panel with leather front. It is a knee high boot instead of OTK and it has a tiny buckle on top and a metal rim around the heel. Though not exactly alike, the soft buttery leather of these boots felt just as luxurious! I find that these don't gather around my ankles like the way SW does. One downside was that they have a flat smooth bottom sole and not a rubber sole like SW so I would have to add a rubber sole bottom to it to avoid slippery situations.

Unfortunely, Bloomingdale's did not have the black on in my size in store at the time so I scoured the internet for deals on these beauties.  These boots are now on sale at Bloomingdale's for $278 and direct from Coach for $239!

Don't forget to earn some additional cashback from Ebates & BigCrumbs while you're making a big purchase for your holidays.

Follow me on Instagram @melliescloset if you want to see me sport these babies out.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...