Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jul 2010 - Sasa, Sephora, HauteLook Beauty Shopping Haul


Late post for a July haul, but all these items arrived at the end of July (ironically all arrived on the same day), so maybe it's not too late late. =)

Sasa Haul

Just love their shipping packaging

Sasa Beauty Shopping Haul July 2010
Sasa July 2010 Bill

I've been staring at the sasa.com website for weeks before finally caving in to make the purchase. I got a crazy tan since my Taiwan/Japan trip back in May and was looking for a product that can "save" me from the tan. So I tried searching for a whitening body lotion which yielded only one result, the Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50. I also saw this in a few ads from the Taiwanese magazines I bought, so I was anxious to try it out.
Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion with SPF 50 PA++

When it finally came, I was a bit disappointed. First of all, for $10.30, I was expecting a bigger bottle of Nivea lotion. The size of the bottle of 125mL is just slightly bigger than my hand. The texture of the lotion is like a runny sunscreen lotion. It is non-greasy and won't leave streak marks like sun-block. Very fast absorbing and sun protection is so great, it claims to provide protection the moment of skin contact unlike normal sunscreen which requires at least 20-30 minutes of application before sun exposure. It is not water-resistant, so it works well for everyday use like going to work. It also claims it will whiten the skin, but I haven't seen any significant changes yet (it's only been about 2 weeks so far).

Sephora Haul

I made this purchase because bing.com was getting rid of it's cashback program. Sephora purchases used to qualify for around  8%-20% cashback!
Sephora July 2010 Haul - still in box
Sephora Haul - The Bill

I got mostly mini's of popular beauty products. Best value was the Sephora's Sun Safety Kit ($95 value for $10). Sephora came out with this kit before summer started to promote sun care awareness. All proceeds go to charity as well. I had bought one of these for $25 back in May and loved it. There are tons of mini moisturizers and samples so I had to get another one after the price dropped. Also got the Stila It Girl Palette with the legendary Kitten Eye Shadow. Reviews will be coming soon.


HauteLook Haul

Haha, this was definitely a shopaholic splurge affected by another beauty blogger. Jen from frmheadtotoe was talking about these super pretty Rock & Republic blushes, I had to get them.
HauteLook Haul - still in package
Rock & Republic Pressed Blushes

Rock & Republic Pressed Blushes in Call Me and Spank
Hautelook was having a sale on these beautiful blushes for $20, that's 50% off retail price! Hautelook.com is a website that periodically put on sale designer brand clothing, cosmetics and home goods. Rock & Republic usually shows up with up to 40%-50% off. Their website has invitation access, so click here to sign up and check them out. (Just a quick note, they will give you a $10 credit for every one you invited to their website.) Plus the Rock & Republic beauty line has been rumored to be discontinued very soon. Get it while you still can!

That's it for now, I'll be posting more detail reviews and swatches very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...