Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Monthly Empties: February, March & April 2015 & A Personal Update

Somehow I managed to turn it into quarterly empties again, but work and personal life has definitely taken a toll on my time! I just got engaged! ^_^  Even though it's only been a month, so much has already happened. We've taken the plunge and already made an offer for our new home! Hopefully everything will work out so we can move forward and onto home decor. So exciting!

With a new home in the horizon, I really need to start downsizing on everything I own, not only on makeup/skincare but also on clothing and bags and shoes. I'll be posting a lot of items on my Poshmark (@mellie_closet) and on Ebay. Check it out if you're interested, mention my blog and I'll offer 10% discount!

Now I'm really on a mission to empty out more products, there should be more products going into these posts.

February 2015 Monthly Empties 
February we have mostly skincare and samples used up!

  • Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture repair cream - Aveeno have been a staple in my body care for years! You can go all the way back to my first post and this moisture cream is so much nicer to use than the pump lotion. Thickness wise it might be a little teensy weensy bit thicker but not really noticeable. But at least with this packaging I don't have to get all frustrated shaking the bottle to get the last bits out. I'm not normally a fan of tubs, but I only use it right after I shower so my hands are always clean
  • My Beauty Diary Earl Gray Tea & Macaron Mask - Another of My Beauty Diary masks, nothing too different than the others. Leaves skin looking bright and supple.
  • Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Serum - This pricey serum came in one of my Dior Secret Admirer boxes, great consistency and leaves the skin looking radiant without being greasy. But didn't really see results that warrant me going out and actually buying it out of pocket.
  • Vichy Aqua Thermal Rich Cream - Came in one of my Glossyboxes and I used it during my trip to Turks & Caicos as a hydrating night cream. Even though it says it's a rich cream, it was very light weight and absorbed really quickly. Not bad for the price at all
  • Lancome Absolue Premium Bx Replenishing and Rejunvenating Day Cream - I swear I go through these once a month and still have a load of them in my stash. Another of the Lancome gift with purchases that you get. I love using these because they all come with SPF 15 so I don't need to apply a separate sunscreen. Not greasy under makeup at all.
February might have been too short and I got confused in March, not sure why I separated the empties into 2 pictures.

March 2015 Monthly Empties - the first half
The first half of month -

  • SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion - This little guy has turned into my skincare staple for both day and night. I think my skin have behaved after using it religiously. I know I still owe a detailed post, will be coming up soon!
  • Lancome Advanced Genifique Concentrate - I've done a full review here before, I repurchased in a set with the new Genifique Pearl Eye. Probably wouldn't repurchase again as I didn't really feel like it did much for my skin. But it is non greasy and absorbs quickly on your skin. 
  • SK-II Essential Power Moisturizing Cream - This was a goodie from a SK-II purchase of my favorite SK-II FTE and FTCL ^_~  can you recognize the shorthand by now? I used it as a night cream but ironically not very thick. Takes a little longer to really sink into the skin but at least I wake up without feeling greasy in the morning.
  • Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for eyes - My search for the perfect eye cream is still going, but this Murad eye cream was definitely a surprisingly good contender. A almost souffle like fluffy texture that instantly melts into your eyes. Very moisturizing without me worrying about any type of milia built up. Plumps up the eye and smooths out the fine lines
  • Silk Whitia Highly Concentrated Milky Mask - You can check my previous review here. Not too crazy about these anymore, I prefer the My Beauty Diary sheet masks, but needed to use these up. 
Now for the second half - 


March 2015 Monthly Empties - the second half
  • Missha M Prism Multi Blush - Probably one of my very first blushes. I love the coral peach on the bottom and this has always been my favorite purse companion whenever I needed some color. Sadly I dropped the palette face down on the floors of a restaurant corner and I'm too germophobic to still use it.  Also discontinued now.
  • La Mer The Eye Concentrate -  Another luxury deluxe sample size from a Saks gift with purchase, I was looking forward to it since it's such a popular luxury brand, but can't say I wasn't a little disappointed in it. Eye cream was a nice texture but a little on the thicker side and I think I started seeing a little bit of milia forming in the corners of my eye. =( It was nice and fast absorbing so it worked really nice under eye concealer.  
  • Shiseido White Lucent Anti Dark Circles Eye Cream -  After using the La Mer, I went back to my trusty White Lucent line. This was a sample that the sales rep really wanted me to give a second chance to when I complained it wasn't much help for my dark circles. It's still a nice moisturizer for the under eyes so I don't mind using it. 
  • Shiseido The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener - When my SK-II FTCL ran out the previous month, I thought I'll stray away and see what happens to my skin. My skin definitely have been spoiled, it just doesn't feel the same with my Shiseido softeners. While this one did leave my skin feeling hydrated, it feels heavier on my skin than the FTCL, not sure if that even makes sense, but needless to say, I went back to my FTCL when this was done. ^_^
  • My Beauty Diary Sheet Mask in Arbutin - I talk about these too much, refer to any of My Beauty Diary comments =D
  • Revive Moisturizing Renewal Serum - This was another luxury sample from Saks. Can't say I was too crazy about the scent, it was such a strong citrus scent in a light peach colored formula. The sample didn't really wow me, so probably not going to invest in a full size.

April 2015 Monthly Empties
April was right after I got engaged and I decided old things need to go!

  • Butter London Powder Room - no comment as this just evaporated on me after a month of owning it. Liquid left behind was all oil. Toss!
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Polish in Clear - Yeah.. my clear nail polish didn't exactly stay clear - turned into an icky looking yellow. Don't remember much about how it was. Toss!
  • Bath & Body Works Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in Cucumber Melon - I always stock up on these hand soaps when they have their 75% sale, easy to clean your hands from any cleansing oil make up remover residue.
  • Clean & Clear Oil Control Film Grapefruit - If you can find these with a reasonable price you should definitely get these over their normal blue ones. Works just as well with a yummy scent that makes blotting more pleasant. Haha.
  • Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Day Cream SPF 15 - More gift with purchase day creams. I think the weather getting warmer is making this one a little greasy looking under make up. Probably will hold back on this one for summer
  • The Body Shop Body Butter in Olive - Went out and got myself another one of these. I love the scent and really like how fast it absorbs. Will definitely repurchase after I finish my stash of body lotions & creams.
  • Shiseido Cotton Pads - Such expensive cotton pads and a cult favorite, but definitely not mine! These leave lint and fall apart so easily, nothing compared to my favorite Muji cotton pads.
  • My Beauty Diary Sheet Mask in Aloe - MBD sheet mask, need I say more? But I would add that I like using the Aloe ones when my skin starts breaking out. I think it helps calm & sotthe my skin.
That's it for the empties! Going back to more steady posting. Check out my Instagram if you want to see some new outfit posts and handbag reveals.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...