Sunday, March 15, 2015

Swatches: Tom Ford Lips & Boys - Patrick, Flynn and Leonardo

Tom Ford lipsticks are always all the rage, but I just couldn't get myself to spend $50 on a lipstick. Luckily his limited edition Lips & Boys collection came out with a huge selection of mini sizes at $32 for each lipstick. After doing some research, I finally decided to pick up 3 shades: Patrick, Flynn, and Leonardo.

Tom Ford Lips & Boys Lipstick - (from left to right Patrick, Flynn and Leonardo
I purposely chose distinct color categories - shades that don't look too similar. As much as I love my neutrals pinks and MLBB (my lips but better) shades, I figured I'll venture out and try some fun colors.  Patrick is a bright coral, Flynn a muted pink and Leonardo a bold vampy red. More on the shades later.


Tom Ford Lips & Boys - the packaging 

First off, let's just say, I finally understand the hype. Even in a smaller size, the packaging and lipstick screams luxury. From the heavy duty sleek black lacquer packaging to the TF embossed bullet - I'm just in awe playing with them in my hands.

Tom Ford seems to have a signature vanilla candy fragrance in his lipsticks and these lipsticks definitely smell like that. Not really a fan when lipsticks smell so much like food but at least it wasn't lingering too long after application. 

I will excuse the fragrance because they applied sooooo sooooo smoothly on my lips. Solid opaque color transfer onto my lips as I glide them around my upper and lower lips. Not sure if it's true for the rest of the colors but all 3 of them have a satin finish leaving my lips with a healthy sheen and not a bit too glossy. Melted so well into my lips I forget I have lipstick on. 
Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Patrick #22 (excuse the blemish spots)
Patrick (#22) is a bright coral lipstick. Not too bold that I would feel uncomfortable to wear and warm enough against my NC 25 skin tone. Patrick did seem to sink into my lip lines a little.

Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Flynn #17

Flynn #17 looks like a MLBB in the tube, but actually still gives off a nice nude pinkish tone without washing me out. 

Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Leonardo # 40
Leonardo #40 is definitely an unexpected favorite. In the tube, it's a dark vampy red, but when applied, it's actually much sheerer and leaves my lips in a dark rose mauve tint. Love the fact that it's on the sheer side making it much more wearable. It does have blue undertones, but I think against my skin, it gives me a fairer complexion overall.

Here's a final narcissistic picture with my favorite TF Lips & Boys

Can you guess which one's my favorite? Most of these are currently sold out now unfortunately. Did you manage to pick any up? Let me know which one you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...