Friday, February 27, 2015

Monthly Empties: January 2015

We're off to a very good start for 2015! January called for an end to a lot of products including very rarely seen makeup items! Brace yourself, this is going to be a long ride (on in our case - post =D ).

January 2015 Empties - this Glossybox was definitely overflowing this month


Let's go through the makeup/color items first since I barely ever show any.




January 2015 Empties - the Makeup Empties




Here we have:


  • Seche Clear  Crystal Clear Base Coat - Used once and it never let me open it again. >.<  I have bad luck with the Seche brand, I also only used the cult favorite Seche Vite because I broke the bottle!
  • NARS Stick Concealer in Custard - Love love love the drier solid concealer. Literally took me a year to actually finish using on and off. I think dry formulas works best in cover spots. Did not work well undereyes though, would sink into fine lines. Custard is a perfect color match for Asian yellow undertones
  • Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara in Excessive Black - Got this in a GWP for Lancome - love love love the formula. No worries about it transferring and giving me raccoon eyes. Can't wait to try the other variants
  • Ciate Mini in Humbug - (discontinued) came in a set of 6 in an Christmas ornament collection, this little bottle dried out before any of the other colors. Never even got a chance to try it. 
  • BareMinerals Matte Foundation in Medium Beige - I have so many deluxe sample sizes in these. I use the color from Fairly Light to Medium Beige, I don't think the color differ much on my skin. My very first foundation and I still love it. Normally I use it when my skin likes to act up. This matte formula do stay matte on my skin for the entire day, My forehead usually gets a little shiny when using the original formula.
  • BareMinerals Full Flawless Foundation Brush - My absolute favorite powder foundation brush. Super soft with natural bristles and the handle is a good weight to use to apply. No fallouts when I wash. Always buffs into a truly flawless finish. Sadly my beloved Shiba Inu had a field day with most of my makeup brushes as you can see from the chewed up handles. She actually pulled at the bristles as well and I think the glue gave way so that every time I use it, at least 10 bristles stick to my face. I'll definitely repurchase this, I'm just waiting for a good coupon from Sephora or Ulta to buy the kit again. This brush is much better than the smaller Flawless Foundation brush.
Next up, let's check out the skincare items I've used up, literally ranges and shows you my entire skincare routine.



January 2015 Empties - the Skincare Empties

  • SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - nothing new, I have these well stocked up for many months to come. 
  • Dior Capture Totale Eyes Essential Eye Zone Boosting Super Serum - (now that's a mouthful) Bought this from Sephora part of a Dior kit. The packaging just screams luxury - very heavyweight with a small pump, though I'll like to be able to see when I'm running out. A very lightweight eye serum that doesn't cause any milia on me. Hydrates the eyes instantly and I feel like it really keeps my fine lines at bay. Comes with the big price tag too but it lasted me a good few months (used more religiously after my Lancome Renergie emptied).
  • Shiseido Benefique NT Lotion - obviously not a lotion but another one of my beloved Shiseido's softeners. Nothing too adversely different than the others, but I think prefer the more natural herbally scent in this one than the other lines' softeners.
  • Clinique even better eyes dark spot corrector - One of the few items that I bought full size after trying the sample size. Didn't last as long as the Dior super eye serum, started using it after my Origins emptied in September, so about 3 months. It is slightly tinted and works almost like a primer - full review coming soon.
  • Lancome High Resolution Refill-3X - another gwp staple from Lancome purchase. I love using these because they have SPF 15 and broad spectrum!Works well under makeup and doesn't leave a white cast
  • Rosette Hello Kitty Collagen Wash - I finally finally finished! Sounds creepy as I got this during my Taiwan/Japan haul, but I just had so many other items to use up. It has the yummiest sweet candy scent, nothing too overpowering as I'm not even a candy person, but it reminds me of Japanese candy. Works super well with both my Clarisonic and my new Foreo Luna. Doesn't leave my face feeling dry.

And last but not least, the other miscellaneous items that I've used up.


January 2015 Empties - the Misc Empties
  • MUJI Cotton Puff - finshed another bag of these. Normally I cut each puff in half and use it to apply my softeners and SK-II Clear Lotion. Nothing beats Asian cotton pads and I was pretty much in frantic mode after emptying it out and not having any back up. When I finally got a chance to stop by MUJI again, I bought a whole year's supply! 
  • SASA Cotton pads - Got this as a free gift from a sasa.com purchase. It was good but it falls apart very easily with my softeners.
  • My Beauty Diary Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Sheet Mask - doesn't smell like what they claim to be at all, haha. But very similar results as the other sheet masks, leaves my face looking bright and hydrated afterwards but a very short while.
  • Korres Body Butter in Guava - Finished my full size recently and wanted to get rid of the smaller one too. See my previous review here
  • Aveeno skin relief 24hr moisturizing lotion - Still my favorite body lotion for years now. The Skin Relief line really stops any itchiness caused by dry skin. The only thing I really hate is the pumps, they never reach the bottom of the bottle! I often give up and toss it on the side and wait till the weekends before I pound on the bottle a gazillion times to get it out, which is why you see 2 bodycare products here this month. 

Finally done! I hope I didn't bore anyone too much. I'm really happy to see older items finally getting tossed out. I need to make room for all those newbies!

How often do you get to clear out a make up item? I think if you can actually finish a makeup item, it truly shows how much you really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...