Monday, October 6, 2014

Swatches: Butter London in Cream Tea

I bought this Butter London in Cream Tea Nail Lacquer during one of the Gilt sales. Price came out to be $5 instead of the usual $15. I'm sure it's discontinued but I'm very glad I picked this up! I couldn't resist taking multiple pictures of my nails. So I apologize beforehand if there's one too many of similar photos.

Butter London in Cream Tea
Butter London's Cream Tea easily became my go-to summer nail color.
Its creamy white shade is the perfect subtle white nail for those who might think the popular summer stark white nail color is too bold. I think this nail color makes the perfect bridal nude nail color.

High gloss finish without top coat Butter London Cream Tea with 3 coats
The nail polish applied super evenly without any streaks. One or two coats ended up too sheer in my opinion so I went ahead and applied a third coat. Shown here is how the nail color looks with 3 coats without a top coat. Even without a top coat, 3 coats of nail polish dried fairly quickly and left a beautiful glossy shine.

Butter London in Cream Tea under flash With Flash
Normally applying 3 coats is stepping on the line with my patience level, but staring at how beautiful it came out, I forgive them!  But be warned, as beautiful as it looked. It chipped quite quickly by the third day, so a top coat is a must.

Now that fall is finally here in NYC, let me know what was your favorite nail of the summer and what you'll be sporting this season!

P.S. On a personal note, if you've made it this far, I've been quite busy with work and personal life. I've been trying frantically to finish up my monthly empties post since it's been so late already, but I'm just not motivated. Hopefully this quick post would get me back in the mood. I recently purchased a new camera for taking better quality pictures and allow things to start rolling again. See you soon, blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...