Thursday, June 27, 2013

Monthly Empties - April & May 2013

Hello everybody! It's been a while since I did my regular postings. Scroll all the way down if you want to read a quick update from me and see what I've been up to. =) Now since I skipped a month, I present you Monthly Empties for April & May!

I had meant to write a April Empties post, but never got a chance to writing it, so there are individual monthly pictures. As promised in my March empties, this month was emptying bottles of skincare!

April 2013 Empties


FaceQ Ocean & Aloe Mask - The FaceQ masks are from the popular Taiwanese brand My Beauty Diary. I normally don't use masks because I'm too super lazy to even lay down for 10-15 mins of doing nothing. But I went through 2 of these this month because my face has been getting sensitive lately and little red marks just dot all over my face. I thought I'll give these masks a try since they contain aloe extracts which usually help calm skin sensitivity. I love how these masks leave you skin super bright afterwards and most importantly the redness on my face severely reduced! But as with all masks, the effects are very temporal, lasts maybe a day at most.  These masks are up to par with their main line from My Beauty Diary. Enough hydrating mask essence that doesn't dry up on your face and doesn't slip and slide down your neck. Scent is very mild and pleasant. I think these are part of their old packaging, the new Ocean & Aloe Masks have new packaging of a girl on it. Averages about $15 per 10 masks.

qiora Moisture Balance IV DH Lotion - Finally used up my qiora Moisture Balance IV DH! Got this as a set with my other qiora products that I've reviewed here before. A very lightweight lotion that moisturizes and gets absorb by the skin very quickly. I use it in the daytime during the warmer weather months as it doesn't work as well in the bitter dry winters. Very pricey at almost $70 a bottle! Light fragrance, I'm very sad that it is done already and summer just started here in NYC! I haven't found a good replacement for it yet, so I'm considering buying another one. Not sure yet as it is pretty pricey and has no SPF. But I hear from the Shiseido boutiques that this entire line might be discontinued soon. We'll see.

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - Probably the most coveted skincare product in Asia and I mention how it is referred to as "Heavenly Water" from an earlier blog post. I finally finished this product. I use it like a toner. I soak up about a quarter size in diameter on a cotton pad and then rub it all over my face and down my neck. Just a little goes a long way to keep skin feeling hydrated. I usually use this alone in the summer time and not bother with any moisturizer. Light fragrance very similar to the qiora Balancing lotion. I've already bought a backup of this, but I still can't tell if it's as heavenly as people claim. But I think it's very nice as a summer staple. Retails $100! Will do more detail post in the future.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - This is probably my FAVORITE makeup remover. It gets rid of everything! Best of all, its a little towelette so you can see all the makeup you remove and keep wiping until all the color is removed from your face. It does leave a greasy residue though, so I always have to finish off with a light cleanser. Problem is these tend to be pricey, retailing at $8-$9 at drugstores for a 25 pack. But if you have a Costco membership, you can always get them for $13-$15 for 114 pack! If you don't have Costco, it's still better priced at Amazon.


Now that's it for my April empties, next up my May empties! Where April is my skincare empties month, May was my body care empties month!

May 2013 Empties
My Beauty Diary Arbutin Sheet Mask - With the amazing results of my FaceQ masks, I decided to try the set of Arbutin Sheet masks that I bought direct from the brand itself. Arbutin is a natural chemical extracted from bearberries that serves as a whitening agent. As with all sheet masks, the results are always instantaneous but not long lasting. The effect pretty much wears off overnight, but I think these are good boosters to a big night out.

Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial Foaming Hand Wash in Sweet Pea - My favorite hand soap! I prefer foaming hand soap because they're more lightweight and gentle and easily washes off. Sweet Pea is one of my BBW scents. I usually don't like their seasonal scents. Don't forget that their Semi-Annual sale is going on right now! These soaps are just $3 a bottle now. Check here for their sale going on right now.

Bath and Body Works Body Cream in Sun-dried Raspberry - Bought this during one of their Semi-Annual sales and did not like it at all. These body creams don't really moisturize as much as my Aveeno lotions. And I've grown to dislike strong fragrances on my body. So I've been using this VERY generously daily after a shower just to finish it up. =)  I'm glad this bottle is done. One down and probably 2 more to go. >_< I should really stop being a shopaholic because I get drawn into these sales so easily!

Bath and Body Works PocketBack Hand Sanitizer Gel in White Citrus - A must-have in my purse at all times. I'm germo-phobic! Especially after taking public transportation. These little bottles fits in the smallest purses and clutches. White Citrus is discontinued now, but I love the light scent.

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil - Got this in the special Sephora 500 point perk and finally got to use it. Loved it! I wanted to start using cleansing oils to remove makeup and have only tried the Missha Perfect BB Deep Cleansing oil before (review here). I had been tempted after seeing all those reviews on the cult favorite Shu Uemura cleansing oils, but didn't want to splurge and buy more beauty products yet. This was a lot thicker than the Missha one, but I find it easier to wash off without leaving any irritation to my eyes, which the Missha one sometimes give me. But it also leaves a greasy residue and I'll have to clean it off with a lightweight face wash afterwards. Note to all, make sure you apply these oils with dry hands on a dry face! I made the mistake of wetting my face first and the oil didn't work very well anymore. I might consider buying the full size, but retailing at $32 a bottle, I might splurge on the Shu Uemura one instead.


And that's a wrap on my monthly empties!

Now if you've scrolled down this far, I'll like to share something on a personal note. I've been mostly MIA because there's a new addition to my family recently! =)  I introduce to you all, my shiba inu, Macie!

Macie the Shiba Inu

She's been such a little trouble maker but she's just so darn cute! Now that's she's settled down with the family for a bit, I think I can go back to more regular posting (not that I've been very active anyway.) But you get the picture! =)

Thank you all once again for supporting and reading my blabbering. =)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...