Thursday, March 11, 2010

Review: Missha Nail Color

So I bought a bunch of these during Missha's January clearance sale. Who can blame me they were only 45 cents each!! You can check them out  here they are available in their clearance sale right now with a pretty good selection in colors.
 
45 cents Nail Polish! I had 2 others that I started using already. From left to right: WH102, RD103, BE103, and PK106
The packaging of the nail polish is very pretty and cute in a flower shape (their logo signature) glass bottle. And for the price you get a decent amount (11.5mL).

Now I usually only wear sheer and neutral colors because of work. Their selection choices included a lot of glittery and sheer colors. I bought the beige and the glittery colors.

The scent of nail polish is always very strong (my brother usually runs away when he sees me take one out). These didn't smell too awful when I opened them.

I like the fact that they're pretty runny. I'm really bad with applying nail polish, so being runny is good to me. I thought the brush was a bit short though, it might be a problem when I use it up. Haha, probably not a problem for me because I never finish any one bottle of nail polish  before it dries out anyway.  =)

After applying my base coat, applying the color was pretty easy. But it took forever to dry! Even with a very thin coat, my nails just didn't dry. After 30 mins or so, I went to bed only to find super messy and icky nails in the morning. Very disappointing. I had to wash it off right before I went to work, the ELF nail polish remover pads proved to be super handy once again.
 
My Left hand is wearing BE103 and my right hand is just base coat.
I gave these nail polish another chance this time after waiting for about 15 mins or so, I put the top coat on right away. I used the Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat.
 
Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, very shiny and dries really fast.
The Missha Nail Color was instantly sealed with a super smooth and shiny coat. It was actually the first time I used this top coat. Very refine and runny just like the Sally Hansen ones. Top coats should be this way so that you can reapply as often as possible to seal in chipped nails. We'll see how long it'll last me.

This BE103 color doesn't dry as fast as the glittery one I tried. The red one (RD103) actually dried pretty quickly and wasn't sticky at all. Seems like the ones with glitter and an iridescent color dries much faster. But those were really, really sheer as oppose to this solid nude color. RD103 merely left a pink hue on my nails with lots of glitter.

With the top coat on, I really like the outcome. Very soft nude color but not completely invisible under the eye. Totally worth it for the 45 cents!

Update: I finally decided I should wash off the nail polish. The nail color along with the top coat actually stayed on my nails for 7 FULL DAYS! =O      My longest ever! Actually to my surprise, the nail polish (Missha Nail Color) only that I played with and applied on my toes are still there, unchipped!  But hands being washed constantly I'm still very surprised that it made it this far! Too bad they don't have many colors that I'll actually wear. =)  I might stock up though. Haha... another haul?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...