Thursday, June 25, 2015

Review: Elizabeth and James Cynnie Sling Backpack

When planning for my Milan trip, I knew I needed to get a new backpack. I needed something that I can use to carry my mini DSLR camera and travel guides. But I was skeptical of getting any backpack because I knew I wouldn't be putting it to use on a daily basis. So my search started with looking for my holy grail backpack and I was soo happy when I found the Elizabeth and James Cynnie Sling Backpack with tassels.

Elizabeth and James Cynnie Sling Backpack in Moss 
This purse was just perfect, not only is it a backpack, it converts into a trendy bucket bag that can be worn on one shoulder. Definitely combining both the backpack and bucket bag trend in one!



While doing research on the purse, I was a little worried if it'll fit my needs, there just wasn't enough pictures available online, so I decided that this post warrants more detailed photos to help some of you that might be on the border with the purchase. Be warned photo heavy post today!

The Cynnie Sling Backpack with tassels
The basic Cynnie Sling ($595) doesn't come with the long tassel zippered front. I'm very glad that my version ($273 on sale at Last Call) came with the tassels. It makes the bag a little more casual and of course fringes is also another all the rave right now (another trend - checked).

Cynnie Sling backpack 
The purse has a large front zipper with tassels, a cell phone slot inside and a zippered compartment inside the main compartment.

Cynnie Sling with Shoulder Strap hanging back
One gripe I have is that the main compartment is a drawstring closure (perfect bucket bag though.) This was where I was hesitant with using it as a travel purse. Ideally I would have preferred a zipped closure so I don't have to worry about pickpockets.

Cynnie Sling Drawstring Closure
But since the drawstring material was made from the same buttery soft leather as the rest of the purse, it was not slippery and there was no way anyone can open or stick their hands in without using some noticeable force.

Cynnie Sling front zippered compartment
The front zippered compartment is fully lined and expands into the bag, so that it fits bulky items and not just slim small miscellaneous things.

Cynnie Sling some close up details
The leather on the Cynnie Sling is so soft and luxurious feeling, but that's also why you see the wear and tear on the drawstrings in the upper right picture after a 5 day weekend of use.  But there are studs on the bottom of the bag so the bottom does get the same wear and tear. The thick shoulder strap is removable but the backpack straps are not.

Now for some really personal pics that I wanted to share with you all, mostly just to showcase the purse. But this Milan trip will forever be cherished in a special place in my heart as this was where my boyfriend proposed. I'm sure I'll be back in the near future.

Cynnie Sling hangs low on my back naturally

Taking in the view of the Duomo in Milan

Cynnie Sling Backpack the back view - going up the Duomo without suspecting anything up ahead 
Cynnie Sling at Milano Centrale Stazione 
Cynnie Sling & I at Santa Maria Iglesia

Thank you all for reading up to this point! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...